Please invite us
Why we would like to visit you
The efficiency of district heating on any scale relies not only on plant room design, but on a guarantee that the equipment at the other end of pipes behaves as planned.
It is not by design that the vast majority of schemes commissioned over the past decade have failed to achieve the intended efficiency and running costs benefits offered by district heating, but rather a lack of understanding how important specific features in HIUs (Hydraulic Interface Units) affect plant and network efficiency.
The general theme of what we would like to discuss covers:
- Keeping return temperatures below 45C at ALL times.
- Increased temperature drop, reduced flow and pipe sizing.
- Allowing networks to relax and turn off whenever possible.
- When to use storage in dwellings or communal areas, and when to use HIUs.
- Network backbones (Ethernet, Fibre) and open-source IoT technology in the industry.
- Consumer billing options
- How distributed storage can work intelligently in partnership with plant.
- How HIUs can work together to reduce network peak load considerably.
- An overview of the new UK HIU Testing Standards with test results released on 21st April.
- An approved CPD (CPD Service / CIBSE) (link below) presentation.
District Pandora CPD ver3
- HIU product demo (a portable HIU)
- Modular plant and cupboard based systems.
- A product roundup.
We have been at the bleeding edge for 25 years plus, in thermal storage and plate heat exchange, and simply wish to bring this experience to your table.
To talk seriously about all of the above takes a few hours, and if you have specific contracts to discuss, its your choice. We will happily provide a CPD at your offices followed by discussion of anything further, or display the entire product range at our factory in Sudbury.