Guarantees and After Sales Backup for HIUs
Heat Interface Units (HIUs) carry the following guarantees as standard:
1. The warranty begins on the date of delivery. A dated delivery note will be issued to the customer and a copy will be stored by Thermal integration.
2. 12 Months Parts and labour - Parts or labour proven to be defective will be replaced / repaired free of charge for a period of 12 months from date of delivery, provided the HIU is installed by a qualified engineer within 6 months of date of delivery.
- 24 Months Parts Only - Parts proven to be defective will be supplied free of charge (for fitting by others) for a period of 24 months from date of delivery.
3. Replacement of parts under warranty does not extend the duration of the warranty.
4. Any other costs are not covered by this warranty. All other damages of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising, are expressly excluded from this guarantee.
5. The warranty conditions above only apply:
- a. In the UK only on items provided exclusively by Thermal Integration.
- b. If the product is installed by a Thermal Integration approved engineer in compliance with the installation instructions.
- c. The installer must complete the commissioning checklist in full at the time the HIU is installed. This checklist must be returned to Thermal Integration within 30 days of commissioning. Checklists are enclosed in the HIU installation instructions.
- d. If the installation complies with all current and relevant building regulations and codes of practice. (including the requirement to clean the primary and secondary heating systems and add corrosion inhibitor in line with BS7593:2006)
- e. If the product is used and maintained exclusively according to the manufacturer's instructions and proof of periodic inspection / maintenance by a Thermal Integration approved engineer is available.
- f. If the returned item is accompanied by a fully completed Thermal Integration Warranty Return Form.
6. Excluded are defects caused by:
- a. Failure to maintain in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- b. Improper use.
- c. Any attempt at repairs / maintenance by un-qualified persons.
- d. where parts other than Thermal Integration Genuine Parts have been used in any service or repair.
- e. Lightning, fire or natural disasters.
- f. Deterioration and / or pollution from the district heating system or water network, either domestic hot water or heating side.
- g. PH values of the primary medium being less than 7.5 or greater than 9.0.
- h. Harmful additives to the heating water.
- i. Consumables as specified by us, including but not limited to: hoses, gaskets and batteries.
7. Report any faults to your installer, service engineer or Thermal Integration directly. Faulty parts must be accompanied by a fully completed Thermal Integration Warranty Return form, to be returned to Thermal Integration. Returned items remain the property of Thermal Integration Ltd.
The Thermal Integration Warranty Return Form can be requested by phone or email. Returns are not accepted unless expressly agreed in writing.
Transport risk of returned items lies with the sender. The shipping of replacement parts are the responsibility of the supplier.
8. If the HIU breaks down, we may ask you to pay us a deposit before we visit you to repair it. We will return the deposit in full if we find a fault that is covered by this warranty. We may keep the deposit if we cannot access your property at the time we had arranged with you to visit or we find other conditions of this warranty have not been met. A responsible adult must be at the property to give our engineer this access to the HIU.
Thermal Integration offer commissioning services across the UK. The service includes:
- a. The fulfilment of the defined commissioning instructions.
- b. Completion and return of site wide commissioning paperwork.
- c. Rectification of any HIU problems.
- d. Confirmation of HIU performance to contract specifications.
- e. Engineer travel and subsistence.
Commissioning rates are charged on a whole day basis, and it is the responsibility of the client to ensure:
- a. Safe access to properties and HIUs
- b. Correct operation of central plant with delivery of heat to HIUs at specified temperatures, flow and pressures.
- c. All pipework has been correctly tested and flushed.
- d. Credit on billing system to enable security valve.
A minimum 2 weeks notice is required in writing to Thermal Integration before the requested commissioning date.
Technical assistance and engineer backup can be obtained by calling our offices:
- Commercial Sales and Operations: 0345 2411441 | @ email@example.com
- Training: 0345 2411441 | @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service: 0345 2411441 | @ email@example.com
- Specflue Sales: 0333 9997974 | @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Heatweb Wiki website at www.heatweb.com/wiki contains information on all aspects of HIU design, function, and servicing, and is always the best place to visit for additional documentation or how to guides.